Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thanks for finding me here!

If you made the jump from the Waltham Patch, thanks for coming over here.  I'll have more content soon, I promise.  Blogs on the Patch became too hard to manage, so I switched.  There is lots to post about recent School Committee goings on, however, I've been too busy sitting in traffic on Beaver Street and writing about it here.

One heart-warming story from the halls of the Fitzgerald: I was at the school during the school day last week and came in as the fourth graders and kindergarteners ended recess and started lunch.  The fourth graders have each been paired with a kindergarten 'buddy' and they walk in from recess HOLDING HANDS.  It was one of the most adorable things that I have seen and melted my cynical old heart: the proud fourth graders, the elementary school equivalent of college Juniors, with the tiny hands of the newbie kindergarteners, who clearly put their trust in the older kids.  Collective "Awwwww."


No comments:

Post a Comment